This time of year, there's a lot to do. Exams, papers, etc. It is tempting when you need a break to leave everything where you were working so it will be waiting for you when you've returned.
However, this time of year is when we take many more reports of thefts - especially backpacks, wallets, iPods, cell phones and laptops. Common locations for these thefts are the public areas of the Library, Blanchard, and the common areas of the residence halls.
So, to avoid losing valuable work or risk losing your money or personal items:
- do not leave any property unattended for any length of time
- if you must leave your property, have a friend watch it for you
- store any valuables, including money, laptops, electronic devices and cell phones, in a locked area when they are not with you
- If you own an iPod or other mp3 player, be sure to put your name in the owner information. If it is found and turned in to Public Safety we can identify it as yours and get it back to you
- If something is stolen, report it to Public Safety as soon as possible. Also take note as to whether there are any suspicious persons in the area where your theft occurred.